Sunday, September 10, 2006

What's for Dinner?

Yes, two posts in one day folks. If you want Tech vs. NC State tickets the info is in the previous post below.

Tonight I adventured into the wonderful world of Asian cuisine. A couple of weeks ago I was helping my grandmother sort through some of her kitchenware and we came upon a wok. Who would have thought she'd have a wok, but she did. I commented on it and she ended up giving it to me which is pretty cool because I've been considering getting a wok of my own. Tonight was my first foray into wok cooking and I think it went pretty well.

I had a package of frozen stir fry vegetables in the freezer and some chicken so I made a go of it. I cut the chicken into small pieces and cooked it with about a tablesoon of peanut oil in the hot wok. After the chicken was almost cooked I took it out of the wok and added the vegetables to the wok. I cooked the vegetables for a few minutes then added the chicken. After a minute or two I put in a few dabs of soy sauce and whala! Stir fry. It turned out pretty tasty with brown rice as a side and was a simple and healthy meal.



1 comment:

Jacs said...

Looks good. I found while in Japan I really liked grilled cabbage. I made an asian meal a couple of days ago. Muy bueno. And I got to use my chopsticks that I brought back :-D