Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend Update

I had a great weekend. It started off Friday with a trip for work to Atlanta and thanks to the trip I was able to spend the weekend at home. Friday night mom and I went out for birthday dinner at the new Italian restaurant on the Square called Mia Bella. She had been previously with Emily to try it out but neither liked it but we figured it deserved a second chance. I think we were both pleased this time.

Saturday I headed to Atlanta bright and early to watch Tech beat Troy on a beautiful and slightly warm Saturday afternoon. I made a new friend through Mark who couldn't go because of work and introduced a new fan to Tech sports. Confused? Mark has a friend, Scot, from school in Michigan that just moved to Duluth and apparently is a Tech fan (just random coincidence since he has no ties to the school other than his high school mascot was the yellow jackets). I invited Mark to go to the game but he had to work so he suggested Scot go instead. I think he had a good time other than me not warning him about my game day personality change as Shaun calls it.

Saturday night we headed back to Carrollton and Mark, Scot, and I went to the Border then to the new Irish Pub on the Square.

Sunday morning Dad and I played golf in Bremen at The Lion Golf Club as my birthday present. Unfortunately neither of us should have been on the course as we both played horribly. I joked with him once that it was because we should have been at church instead of on the course. It was to the point that all you could do was laugh. Hopefully I'll get my swing straightened out by Oct. 5 for my company's rescheduled golf outing. Sunday night I flew back to RDU with Wolves on a Plane! It seemed like half the passengers were State students and I asked what they were all doing and it was a senior group of scholarship recipients returning from a weekend retreat to Rocky Mountain National Park. Pretty good weekend trip if you ask me.

This week is full of travel as well. Tomorrow I'm driving to Suffolk, VA with a guy that works in investor services to meet with a bank to recruit them as investors. Thursday I'm flying to Baltimore bright and early for a conference and will be flying back in the late afternoon. I like to travel but I'm glad I don't have to be on the road every week like a lot of people.

No comments: