Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday, Last Friday

This morning I celebrated or I guess I should say enjoyed my last free Friday morning for the foreseeable future (ugh) by going to mountain biking at the Beaver Dam part of Falls Lake Recreation Area. I rode the 2.6 mile Outer Loop and realized, that even though I've been trying to run, I am out of shape and have lost some bike skill. Having not been on my bike all summer it took me a few minutes to regain my trail balance but after that I was fine and didn't fall off a cliff into the lake or crash so that was good. It was a perfect morning for riding, low humidity, about 65-70 degrees, and Carolina blue skies. I had the entire park to myself which is always awesome. The only downside to being the first person down the trail in the morning is breaking the spider webs, but that's a small price to pay for a chance to get in the woods.

State Park Boundary Sign

I don't know what the rest of the day will bring but hopefully my insurance will get updated and I'll be able to get a new car tag. I think I'll get an AT plate because the money goes to a good cause, the AT Conservancy, and it looks cooler than the very old, standard NC "First in Flight" tag.

NC AT Plate

Also, from now on when commenting you'll have to do the security word thing but hopefully that won't keep you from commenting. I enabled that setting because I got a couple of comment spam e-mails the other day and that's annoying.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aw, but I love the First in Flight tags!