Saturday, August 13, 2005

My New Crib

After signing on to my job yesterday morning I drove around North Raleigh for about four hours in search of an apartment. I quickly realized that the economy must be improving in Raleigh because out of probably eight places I visited only one had one bedrooms available in the next couple of weeks. Luckily the apartment complex is relatively new (1995) and has big units with fireplaces (which you all know I like). I went back to Raleigh this morning to do some more looking and didn't see anything that was comparable in size, quality, and location so I went with the one I saw Friday. I ended up with the Britania 808 sf, one bedroom at Cambridge Apartments on Six Forks Road that was a pretty good deal on a per square foot basis (yes I'm a real estate nerd). I drove one optional route to work and it took about five minutes today, but I think it'll be about ten minutes on a weekday. I'm glad I'll have a short commute.

North Raleigh is a pretty suburban area without a really defining center, but there is a cool redevelopment about a mile south of the apartments that we studied in one my real estate classes at Kenan-Flagler. I think once I get my feet wet and start meeting people that Raleigh will feel like home. I just hope it doesn't take as long as it did at Tech and in Chapel Hill.

All that said, PLEASE COME VISIT!

No comments: