Monday, August 15, 2005

"I'm moving on"

Moving is a big task. I'm not talking about moving to college for 9 months per year. I'm talking about becoming an adult and moving out on one's own. I have so much stuff that needs to be organized and stored or thrown away that the task is quickly becoming overwhelming. Of course my procrastination tendencies have reared their ugly head this summer so I'm just now trying to attack this mountain of stuff. What is going to make the trip to Raleigh? What should be thrown away? What should be stored? What should be left in its place in my room? Wow! And only three days left to make those decisions.

In other news...
  • Mark and I went to the Maple Street Diner for lunch today for some good meat and three.

  • My Explorer is in the shop at Richard Haney Ford getting a new idle control error (weird part name) that should hopefully stop the stalling problem that fortunately hasn't lead to me getting rear ended. My ABS light will also hopefully finally go off with the replacement of the rear speed sensor. I also think the electronically contolled 4wd Hi will work after the sensor is replaced. They also replaced a couple of light bulbs and properly adjusted my fog lamps so they won't blind other drivers, which will be good when it's foggy out. Finally, they may tackle the suspension and figure out why it's sitting about an inch lower in the back on the drivers side than the passenger side. I'm hoping that the suspension can just be adjusted and doesn't end up to be an expensive fix, but with most vehcile repairs it will probably be expensive.

  • Mom and I went to Pearl's for dinner and I had some excellent pesto and asiago cream linguini with grilled chicken. Mmm mmm good. I thought about taking a picture of it to renew my camera phone food series but I started eating it before I thought about it and didn't want to stop eating because it was pretty good. To see and taste it you'll just have to take a trip to Carrollton.
  • No comments: