Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Naps are good. I took a two hour nap this afternoon on the couch it and felt really good. Last night I didn't sleep well for some reason, even though I usually sleep pretty well even if it is my first night in a new place. I know it took me at least an hour to fall asleep after staring at the ceiling and walls. This morning I woke up at 6 and my legs were telling me they wanted to do something so I didn't fight and ended up going for a 1.5 mile run down Six Forks when it was humid and warm before it became humid and rediculously hot. 1.5 miles seems to be me my distance now in the little bit I've been running since I started again a couple of weeks ago. I really need to start to push myself and need to find a loop trail instead of a there and back type of run. There's a City of Raleigh park around Lake Shelley which isn't far away so I am going to check out their greenways and trails. They also have canoe rentals and free fishing rod rentals for anyone that wants to come hang out in Raleigh with me (hint hint).

This morning I also went to Target at North Hills which is a really cool redevelopment of a shopping mall into an upscale New Urbanist shopping center similar to Atlantic Station but on a much smaller scale. After spending too much money at Target, I proceeded to Harris Tetter where I spent too much money as well. I had a good Frontega Chicken sandwich from Panera for lunch then tackled the kitchen and tried to figure out where everything should go. All I have left now is the pots, pans, small appliances, and cooking utensils so that shouldn't take too long. I could have finished it earlier but I decided to take the aforementioned nap.

Speaking of the nap, I was woken by a "cop knock" at my door. Luckily it wasn't a cop but the maintenance man saying that the apartment below mine has a leaky ceiling. Apparently I didn't tighten the water hoses to my washer well enough yesterday and it's been dripping since then. I'm going to get on that renter's insurance asap tomorrow.

What does the rest of the day bring? Who knows, it's too hot to go outside but I did buy a new Spalding Infusion basketball (built in pump) this morning so I may shoot some hoops tonight. What I really need to do is finish unpacking that will likely be the course of action for this evening.

As always, hijacked wireless, although providing an intermitent connection at best, is pretty cool as well as basic cable which provides some background noise while unpacking. Finally I leave you with a mission. If you choose to accept it let me know. Here it is...come visit.

Edited to add, I just looked up the Frontega Sandwich on the Panera website to put a link and dang that's not a very healthy sandwich. I'll have to start rethinking that choice and find something better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok so it looks like paneara in general is not great for you. I looked up the one sandwhich I have had there...I've only been a couple times. And it has 27 grams of fat as opposed to your 42. Still not great. And 77 carbs as opposed to your 71. I am sure if they made the bread wheat instead the carb count would drastically go down. I like the tuscan chicken sandwhich.

Free fishing would be fun. As long as you are in a good mood like you were the last time...and didn't care when I got multiple trees instead of multiple fish. But you live too far for someone without a car.

It was nice talking to you on your lazy sunday...and now I should go to another class...boo ya!

Jacs

Katie said...

Yay for moving to NC!! I want to come see your new apartment soon. Today my adventure was trying to navigate the Chapel Hill bus system, and yes it was an adventure... when do you start your job??