Friday, March 24, 2006

Back

The trip to D.C. was pretty good. I'm definiteiy not used to sitting in class for 8 hours a day anymore. Overall the conference was good but I was hoping for more detail in the instruction, especially at $700/person. The best part was getting to practice my networking which is something that can always be improved upon. Philip (co-worker that went as well) and I also met our closing attorney, who's office is across from the conference hotel, at the networking cocktail party and then went to a sports bar to watch the Duke game. Nothing much of interest happened today during class this morning. We arrived at the airport several hours early for our 4:00 flight this afternoon and ended up sharing a table with a very nice girl who works at the FDA to eat our lunch since there weren't enough seats. We ended up talking to her for probably an hour while she was waiting to fly home to SFO. We also saw Jesse Jackson who was flying to O'Hare. It was interesting that he waited around until the very last minute and then boarded after everyone else had been on the plane for at least 10 minutes. Right after he scanned his boarding pass the flight announcement sign switched to flight closed. It was also interesting to see people's reactions when they saw him just sitting there talking on his phone. I was surprised to only see one lady walk up and talk to him.

Here's a bad cell phone walk and shoot pic. I had my 20D but I didn't want to become the paparazi.



In other news, I'm not moving tomorrow because my apartment isn't ready. Story to come later, but Mark just got here so I'm not typing it now.

No comments: