Sunday, March 05, 2006

Fun times

This weeked Jaclyn came down from Chesapeake, VA for a visit with Katie, Joel, Lauren (who was up for the weekend for a UNC open house), and me. She arrived Friday afternoon and we downtown in search of food. First we went to Mellow Mushroom but it was packed as usual with a 45 minute wait and since we were hungry we left. We then went to Cameron Village to go a sports bar but it was a 45 min wait as well. We then walked around Cameron Village to see if there was any where else to eat but it was pretty dead. By then we could have just stayed at MM and been seated, a fact that I didn't live down all weekend. :) So then I remembered the Q Shack on Hillsborough across from State but it was closed for renovations or either going out of business. Finally we decided to eat some Mexican at El Rodeo which was pretty.

After dinner I destroyed Jacs in a card game called Phase 10 with a monsterous come back. Saturday morning we made pancakes and some bacon then embarked on my first real tour of Raleigh. We drove back downtown and saw some sites then hit up the State Fair Grounds Flea Market for some good southern culture. I bought two national championship Coke bottles, UNC 1982 and Tech 1990. I had the Tech bottle already but it's at home and the pair will be make for good decorations for my office. After the flea market we hit up Sonic for lunch and then returned to my apartment to wait on the Chalmers and Lauren to arrive.

The rest of the group arrived around 5 and we watched Myth Busters like the good Tech nerds we are and then decided it was time for dinner if we were going to get back in time to watch the game. We again decided to try Mellow Mushroom and it was packed of course but we waited it out and enjoyed some excellent conversation and pizza. After dinner headed back to the apartment and broke out Trivial Pursuit 90s Time Capsule Edition and played guys vs. girls. I was surprised how much random 90s pop culture I remembered and Joel and I made a great team and ended up winning! Trivial Pursuit ended almost perfectly and it was GAME TIME. I don't really need to recap that because you already know who won.

Overall it was a great weekend and was fun hanging out with somebody other than myself. I also learned that I can attempt to entertain overnight guests without specific things planned to do. If you want to come visit Raleigh let me know, I have a sleeper sofa.

Pancake mountain

Pancake mountain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quality pictures glad I made you find that camera.
Thank you for letting me sleep on the couch.

;-)
Jacs

Brian said...

You're welcome. Thanks for visiting.