Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Fore!

I played golf with two guys from work yesterday at Brevofield Golf Links in Wake Forest as a warm up for the golf outing with one of our accounting firms on Thursday in Southern Pines. We teed off around 5:00 and it was definitely a warm (thinking postively) afternoon. Luckily I tend to pick people to play with that are about the same skill level as me. Phillip shot a 97 plus probably a 12 on a hole he stopped playing, I shot a 120 (too many drops on the back 9), and Johan shot a 130. If I could cut down on the one or two blown holes per round I'd be pretty happy. The course was pretty decent for $17 with a cart and the greens were surprisingly fast.

I really like my new driver, I do think I have picked up some yardage off the tee. My second shots were absolutely horrible which stinks after having semi-decent drives. It was pretty dark when he reached the 18th tee box around 8:45 and when I hit my ball I saw sparks! Pretty cool if you ask me.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

$17 to ride?? not fair, even the cheap place at home is more than that.