Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday

Today has been pretty lazy. I woke up rediculously early for a Saturday about 6:30 and decided to go running since the temperature and humidity weren't insane as they have been. It was good to get outside for a change instead of riding my bike on my cycle trainer inside. The rest of the day involved some movie watching and a little cleaning.

While flipping channels I saw that Because of Winn-Dixie was on so I stopped to watch it because Dave Matthews is in it and it turned out to be a really good movie (I saw about half of it). I give the movie a definite rent or maybe try to catch it on HBO.

It seems like I generally try out new recipes on the weekend and this weekend is no different. Today's special is another one from Simply Recipes (thanks personalized Google homepage) and it's Sesame and Cilantro Vermicelli Salad. It was very easy and quick to make. I'm not too big a fan of cilantro so I may try some other kind of herb next time I make it. I also couldn't find green onions at Kroger so I left them out and I think that would have provided a little more flavor. This recipe gets a thumbs up. It would be great to take to a covered dish event or picnic. The only problem, as usual, is having a lot leftover and hopefully not letting it go to waste. Anyone want to be my cooking buddy?

No comments: