Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One Year Ago

It's hard to believe but today is my one year anniversary of starting my job. It's gone quickly! I have traveled, learned a lot, realized I have a lot to learn. I still haven't closed a deal, but hopefully I'll get that checked off the list in the next two or three weeks. After a year I still enjoy my job and don't mind getting up every day to sit in front of Excel all day. The past week or so I've been missing the feeling of anticipation that has always been attached to this time of year either in starting a new school year or a new job. That will soon pass, but it says something about one's post-school life. New changes no longer occur on their own, a concerted effort to grow and evolve has to be made. All-in-all I don't think I could have asked for a better opportunity for my first job.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It took me at least a year, and probably more, to get past that feeling of "it's August, but I'm still here" or, "it's time for school to be out, but I'm still here."

Four years after graduating though, I'm pretty much over it.

Anonymous said...

I guess since I graduated in December I'm off the schedule. Because I don't feel weird not being at school. And I'm with you on not being able to ask for a better first job.

7 months for me :-D
Jacs