Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Watermelon


Encasing green rind
Ruby flesh bearing black seeds
Tasty summer treat



I like watermelon! I look forward to cutting into a chilled melon every summer and hearing the crack of the rind and wafting the sweet smell of summer. The one problem, it's so frustrating to eat around the seeds. I guess, as the saying goes, things worth doing take effort (or something like that).


In other news, some of you know that I was interested in trying to partner with my grandparents earlier this spring to buy a junky house to live in and flip since my apartment lease expired. I found a house but it took me awhile to get my grandparents on board and when they finally did I'd already signed the lease on my current apartment. It turns out somebody else had the same idea for the house I was targeting. If I recall correctly, it was listed for $115,000 and probably worth $105,000. A flipper bought it in April and sold in it in mid-June for $152,000. I'm not sure how much they paid since the sales history wasn't listed on the property tax record but they probably put in $10,000 to $15k max into it so they probably made $30,000 in two months. It's frustrating but it's also a nice confirmation that I have a decent eye for real estate.

1 comment:

Katie said...

seedless watermelons = quite nice