Friday, August 04, 2006

Work?

Yesterday one of the accounting firms my company uses took five of us to play golf down in Southern Pines at Pine Needles which is the home of the 2007 Women's US Open and a Donald Ross course. We arrived around 8:45 and hit the range and practice green while immediately starting the sweating that was the unifiying characteristic of the day. We had two threesomes and one foursome and played best drive. It's amazing how much a decent drive helps your game. Unfortunately it didn't help mine that much as I ended up shooting my average of 114. On the positive side my drive was used probably at least a third of the time. As far as the course goes, it wasn't the most difficult I've played, the fairways were fairly wide with the greens offering the challenge. Although it wasn't the most difficult it was by far the most expensive course I've played.

We finished our round a little after 2 and hit the clubhouse for some lunch and cooling off and then headed back to the office. I'm definitely a fan of golf outings during a workday even if it is 100 degrees outside.

No comments: