Saturday, May 06, 2006

Fore, Ouch, Mooo, Charge, Blah

Today was a long and fun day. Katie, Joel, and I teed off at Cedar Grove Golf Course in Hillsborough around 10 AM and got our exercise walking 18 holes. I think we're all improving though our scores didn't really reflect it, at least we're consistent. Katie ended up winning with a score of 122 to Joel's 124 and my 125. Unfortunately I twisted my ankle when I stepped in a hole on the cart path. Hopefully it'll be recovered by Tuesday's softball game.

After golf we went to Tupelo's in downtown Hillsborough for a late lunch and I think both of the newbies really enjoyed it, not much of a surprise. After lunch Joel wanted some ice cream and the waiter suggested Maple View Farm since there isn't an ice cream shop in Hillsborough. I had to rack my brain for awhile to figure out how to get there from downtown but we made it. Yet again the newbies were impressed. I had a great waffle cone of cookies and cream ice cream.

After rocking on the porch listening to an accordian player we parted ways and I headed to downtown Durham for the Bulls game. We were fortunate to be offered the use of one of the skyboxes for tonights game and about half the office showed up with their families in tow. The evening was beautiful for baseball but here comes the blah reference in the title. The past two weeks I've been feeling a little run down but I figured it was just that the work load at work has increased plus some allergies but it's finally caught up with me and I think I have a sinus infection. I wasn't being much fun at the game and the constant sniffles weren't fun for me so I left in the 6th inning and headed home. Overall I had a great time today and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Here's to hoping I feel better.

Bad pic of my ice cream cone and the view of the Maple View Farm fields.


No comments: