Friday, May 26, 2006

Four Days

We lost our softball game last night due to being one player short. The frustrating part, other than having 21 people signed up and only having 7 show up, was that we were delayed by the heavy thunderstorms and lightning that was passing over Raleigh at game time. We had a 10 min grace period for our players to arrive since we were playing the 6:30 game and at the same time it was bad weather and we wouldn't have been able to play anyway. At 6:40 the other team ran over to the umps and demanded that the game be called a forfeit. I can see their point but at the same time fairness would have dictated calling the game because of the weather. I would hope if I were in their shoes that I would say call because of weather and make up the game later, but who knows. They are in last place and a win will help them out.

Today I'm taking the day off to get some errands and car maintenance taken care of. It feels good to have a weekday off and even better knowing next Monday is a holiday too. Four day weekend baby!

One of my tasks today was getting my drivers licence updated with my new address. I had tried a couple of times to get the new license online but it kept saying I had duplicate records so I had to do it in person. After dropping the Explorer off at Capital Ford and getting a rental Taurus I drove up to the license place on Capital Blvd. I was able to get my license with no problems and found out what the deal was. Apparently somebody else has my SSN associated with their license, her name is Teresa. The agent that was helping me said it was probably a typo and whenever Teresa tries to get a new license it'll get corrected. Luckily the SSN isn't on the license.

In other news, several of us have talked about getting together for the Tech games at UNC and NC State. Tickets are on sale right now and probably won't last long, the VT game is already sold out. I know our usually MO for the UNC game is get tickets day of but I'm all for having tickets and not having to fool with trying to get tickets that day. NC State is a harder ticket to get so it probably makes sense to order those now. If you want to come to the game, let me know and I'll order them. The NC State game is Nov. 4 and UNC is Nov. 11.

Rambling Wreck Ticket Order Page

No comments: