Thursday, May 11, 2006

Game on

Tonight FPC won 15-9 over St. James! It was a great game that was interpreted by heavy rain for a few minutes but we prevailed. I think our slump from last week is definitely over. I'm feeling about 90% after battling both a sinus infection and twisted ankle this week and it was nice to get outside for the first time since Saturday. Tonight I went 2-4. I walked my first time up, my second AB the bases were loaded and I got a triple and 3 RBIs (!), third AB I flyed to center, and forth AB I hit a long single. I guess I'm getting in my grove now because I was actually making good contact tonight. It's a world of difference between dinky hits and getting lucky to get on base and making solid contact. I played right center in the field tonight and caught two flys and a couple of grounders that made it through the infield. We all played a great game overall. On top of everything we're in 2nd place in the league with a 5-3 record! The first place team is another Presbyterian church that is 6-1 and we handed them their only loss.

To answer Jac's questions from my last game recap. Yes I'm having fun, I think I'm at least getting to know the people in my church, probably not getting friends to hang out with out of it since I'm the second youngest on the team and I don't have kids, but it's still a great time! I hope I'm making a positive impact on their lives, I give a lot of encouragement and high fives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the last part!
Jacs