Sunday, May 28, 2006

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!

This morning on my way to church I stopped by the apartment dumpster to drop off some trash. When I got back in the Explorer I shifted into drive as usual but I heard a pop and the transmission wouldn't shift. What now?!? So I mess with it for a minute it or two shifting the column shifter up and down to see if it reengages which of course it didn't. My next move was my typical car broken down move which was to call my dad for advice. He said it was probably a connection between the shifter cable and the transmission. I broke out my maintenance manual and started flipping through when a man walked up to drop off his trash. He asked if it was about time to trade. I laughed. Turns out he is a salesman at Capital Ford where I had the truck serviced this week. I explained the problem to him and he volunteered to climb under and see if he could fix it. After about 10 mins I was shifting and rolling again. Thank God for Pat! He saved me a lot of money in towing and repair bills. It turned out to be the problem that dad said, a coupling just came loose on the shift cable. I'm blessed every day but it's time likes these, though it sounds cliche, that I know that somebody is watching out for me. It's the small things but being a good Samaritan and doing good deeds for random people can make somebody's day. Pat made my day. I didn't make it to church but I definitely feel like I should be there offering thanks for the blessings I received today. Capital Ford will be receiving a letter commending Pat's work and Mark now has some competition when it's time for me to buy a new/used vehicle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that our sister store took great care of you.
If you are ever in need of help with your Ford while in Durham, let us know. We aim to please at University Ford Durham