Saturday, May 27, 2006

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

This morning I was craving some exercise so I decided to to a trial bike to work. I'm not sure if I'll do it since it's almost summer and humidity is rolling in but it's nice to know that it's doable (if I don't get run over). It took me about 20 mins each way to cover a little over 3 miles on the sidewalks and roads. I know sidewalk riding is against the law but I'm not getting out in the 45+ mph traffic of Six Forks and Falls of the Neuse on my bike. I may give it a try some Friday since we can wear shorts during the summer. It also felt good to actually be going somewhere while riding my bike unlike when I was consistenly riding on my cycle trainer, speaking of which I need to start doing that again since I'm not sick anymore and my ankle is almost healed.

Here's the route I took: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=204014

The rest of the day involved some major cleaning and filing of papers since the G-units are visiting tomorrow afternoon. In the almost three years I've lived in the Triangle they haven't made a trip to my place be it in Chapel Hill or Raleigh so this should be interesting (they're old so I haven't given them too hard a time for not visiting).

Tonight I took some pictures for the My Small Space contest that the News & Observer is holding for people's creative ideas for apartments and other small dwelling units. I took pictures of my cool Ikea kitchen cabinets that I'm not using as such. It'll be interesting to see if they make it in the paper and/or website. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: