Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You win some. You lose some.

Tonight FPC lost to St. James 13-2. Overall we didn't play badly we just couldn't hit. Everyone made solid contact we just it to the wrong place...the place where there was a fielder. We had 8 players to start the game and had 9 after the first inning. I started in left field and played there for an inning then moved to third. Only one ball came my way all evening and it was a hard grounder that hit my glove and went into left field, why I couldn't catch it I have no idea, argh. Tonight I batted second, you can tell we were down a few players if I'm batting second. My first time up I grounded to short and was beaten by the throw by a step. My second AB I made great contact and popped to center and the fielder dropped it and I made it to second but a runner was thrown out at the plate to end the inning. I'm not quite sure how that would be scored, probably a single with an error. My last time up, yeah only three ABs and I was the second batter, it wasn't a good game, I hit a hard grounder that should have been in center field but the pitcher, who was having a great fielding game, scooped it up and threw me out at first (how's that for a run on sentence). It looks like it's going to be raining again Thursday night for the third week in a row but hopefully it won't. Our game is at 7:30 vs. Hayes Barton Baptist at Buffaloe Road Park if you're in Raleigh and bored.

No comments: