Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Obligatory Post Game Recap

Last night FPC beat First Baptist Church Red 15-9 in extra innings. We held the lead the entire game and FBC tied it up 9-9 in the bottom of the last inning but thanks to some bad pitching we were able to carry a six run lead through the extra inning. I went 2-5 with a single, walk, fielder's choice, single, ground out. I led off the extra inning and was also the last out, pretty cool to bat around. We actually had subs last night as well which led to me starting at first and then shifting to right for the last two innings for defensive purposes. It's kind of nice to be considered reliable enough to move around, that has never happened before. On another positive note, it seems like we're really gelling at the right time and it's great to see people that have struggled some have a great game. Our next game is at 6:30 on Thursday vs. Crossroads Green.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So we had two one hour games last night too...but the other team forfieted because it was a makeup game and they have other things on wednesday. So the ump showed up and our team decided to have batting practice. The ump asked if he should call balls and strikes since he had to stay anyway. And our coach goes "You can do whatever you want. If I was you I would sit on my ass!" I love my team 6-0 and I have yet to see the competitive side on my team come out. And the average participation for practices is about 6 people.

yay for softball. I'm glad your team is doing better.

Jacs

Brian said...

Some competitive spirit is a good thing. We had three practices to start the season and our attendance was on par with your's but haven't had any since.