Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Being Swedish

You know those days that you just want to go home or see a friendly smiling face with outstreched arms? Me too, today was one of those days. I knew going into it that it was going to be busy, which is much better than not having stuff to do. I accomplished everything I sat out to do, but it just felt weird or something. I got an e-mail this afternoon at work that was discouraging and frustrating and I hope that my response helped clear things up. I try not to really post things about work too much but I'm starting to work towards closing my first few deals and am actually starting to get to the nitty gritty of the negotiations. It's difficult to know what can be concessed and what must be retained and fought for in our agreements. I'm definitely participating in experiential education right now, which is a good thing, I just don't like not knowing the answers. Though I know the answers will come in time, I hate not being able to make the customer happy and reflect poorly on the company and myself.

Now to being Swedish. I started putting together my new cabinets from Ikea tonight and I knew going into it that I'd find a way to mess something up. Yep it happened and I didn't even realize it until the end. I put the backer board on upside down and backwards. If I would have checked, I would have noticed that one side was brown and the other white and would not have put the white side on the back, DUH!!! There are also two holes along one edge of the backerboard and I couldn't figure out why they were there until I had nailed the entire thing down. My conclusion is that they are air release holes for the drawer that will be at the top of the cabinet. Smart me put them at the bottom where you'll actually see them and they won't be functional since the internal shelves will probably block the air. On the positive side I can put that cabinet behind the TV and since it has doors and won't really be used often it's ok that I screwed. Now I know for the next one. Maybe it's a good idea that I didn't buy a house to fix up and flip.

Enough of being a grouchbag. Here are a couple of pics I took for reference before I went to Ikea.

Yes that is real wood you can faintly see in the fireplace. It's waiting on a special occasion or some cold weather to light it up.




A pic with dimensions I added in Photoshop that amazed both my mom and dad.

No comments: