Thursday, April 20, 2006

Game recap

So that whole thing about my defense improving, yeah throw it out the window. Tonight we won 11-2 over Crossroads Green, we're now 2-1. I batted four times, reached base twice thanks to two fielder's choices, had a hard line to second, and a long fly out to left center. I'm glad I got on base but they weren't the best hits. The positive is that I made much better contact this game. Now onto the defense. I was assigned second base duties again and felt much more comfortable this game until there was a hard grounder in the gap between me and the first baseman which was definitely playable BUT I went to my right. Why I did that I have no idea. It would have been a good double play ball but I went the wrong way. Luckily the right fielder backed me up and it turned out that they didn't score that inning so it worked out ok. That was by far the most embarrassing play. On the positive side I caught a high infield fly, almost turned a double play (luckily I didn't smack the runner in the face as I threw to first), and had several put outs at first and second.

Overall I felt better about my performance except for my going the completly wrong way on that one play.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, at least you're not like me and forget to drop the bat and run...I blame golf ;-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you thought you were really at First and I your trusty Second Baseman was playing second. So you had to go right to get it. Out of body experience? All those years playing First you really only had to go right maybe? Cause I've never done that. I might not make it somewhere in time but playing infield never went the wrong way.

I hope I get some time at Second. I'm a newbie to this team. I think two people already have 2nd base duties :-(

Jacs

Brian said...

I think that is the case (used to playing first), but I didn't really bring that up at the game because I didn't want to make excuses.