Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Recruiting

This afternoon I got my ears lowered at the Professional Barber Shop at Cameron Village. They do a great job and are good conversationalist. I think being able to make conversation (i.e. be an opinionated old man) is a required skill of being a barber. I talked to the barber, JD, about State bball and the coaching transition the entire haircut and learned stuff about Sendek's record and a State fan's perspective that isn't reported on the news. Anyway, it was a good time.

After the haircut I had time to kill before the GT Club event so I figured I'd go to the new library at Cameron Village and get a library card. I'm now officially a card carrying library patron. I didn't check anything out but I did read two magazines while there.

Here's proof of my library membership!
Library Card

Tonight's big event was "Decision Night" at Rudino's Pizza in RTP for potential Tech freshmen. There was a good turnout of prospectives, parents, and alums. I hope we all convinced them to choose Tech over State. I had some good conversations with students and their parents and hopefully stuck up well for the PubP grads of the world. Luckily the 2005 HTS grad was also there to help out. Of course none of the high schoolers were interested in anything other than engineering but that's ok too. They all seemed to be struggling with their decision but all had great options. An aside, as I drove up to Rudinos I had flashes of Office Space in my mind. It was a restaurant all by itself in the middle of the huge office park. I'm really glad I don't work in a place like that.

Tomorrow I'm off for the next two days to Winston-Salem for the NCHC Conference to learn stuff and meet folks. I've never been to W-S so maybe we'll have time to drive by Wake to see the campus.

No comments: