Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Game recap

Tonight FPC beat St. James UMC 9-1 and we're now 3-1! I played first tonight and felt much more comfortable. I even threw a guy out at home after an errant throw from the second baseman. Overall I'm improving. I had three infield singles tonight. Still not making good contact (apparently batting practice didn't help) but I guess I can run fast enough to beat the throw to first. Luckily we finished the game before the storms came but now it's a fireworks show of lightening and thunder. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny, perfect weather!

In other news, I may be going to Baton Rouge all next week to volunteer with the Louisiana Housing Finance Agency in their scoring of this year's tax credit applications. Apparently they've received 247 apps and only have 7 staff members to score them. Usually HFAs receive probably 50-75 apps and they are generally a couple of hundred pages of documents. It was suggested by one of the Sr. PDOs to me and my boss that I go because I'm single and like to travel but my boss isn't convinced that it would be the best use of my time. I do have 2 community service days left and have received offers from co-workers to use their's. We'll see if I'm even allowed to go since I work for a syndicator (even though we don't do business in LA) and not an HFA. Should be an interesting trip if I do get to go.

No comments: