Thursday, April 13, 2006

Softballin'

Tonight was our first softball game, First Presbyterian (my church) vs. Hudson Memorial Presbyterian and we won 9-8. I was assigned second base duties which was a surprise given that I've never played second base in my life. I also batted 7th in the lineup. Today my defensive skills returned somewhat and I had a couple of force outs at first and a bad call at second where they guy really was out but the ump said I didn't touch the bag (argh). Hitting-wise I was 0-3, I popped up to the catcher my first at bat and then the next two at bats were long flys to center field. It kind of feels bad to be the second youngest player on the team and getting out played by guys 10, 20, and even 30 years older. I'm hoping that I get the in flow soon. Though I didn't have my best all around game the season looks promising.

No comments: