Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fore!

This morning I went to church and we sang "I Danced in the Morning (Lord of the Dance)" which was great for the second week in a row, though I think Carrollton Pres had First Pres in singing enthusiasm. After church I hit up Pharaoh's for some great chicken salad and then headed home to change for golf.

Joel and I walked 9 at Cedar Grove Golf Course in Hillsborough. It was a surprisingly nice course for only charging $15. It was nice being able to put on good, non-bumpy greens for a change (not that it helped any). Overall, I think we're both improving and I was pleased with my performance even though I shot a 62. I wimped out after 9 holes due to my elbow which has been hurting when I exert force in certain directions since softball practice a couple of weeks ago. Luckily the pain is helped by some ibuprofen but I'm going to seek orthopedic doctor suggestions at work tomorrow. I guess those arm wrestling matches I have schedule for the week are cancelled :).

Tonight I continued the trend of smoking up the entire apartment when I cooked blackened mahi mahi for dinner. I also was inspired by Paula Dean and a great memory of a chocolate crepe bought from a street vendor in Paris during my 7th grade trip, so I attempted to make crepes for dessert for the first time. They turned out ok but the batter was too thick and I'm not sure if they'll ever live up to the memory. I'm going to have to try another recipe. Here's the recipe I used tonight, which I'm sure is good if you know what you're doing.

Here are some pics from Easter Sunday in Carrollton. This year they had a cross of flowers brought in by church members before the service in the front yard of the church which I thought was pretty cool.





Edited to add:
Last night I rented Good Night, and Good Luck and highly recommend it. It's not the best movie I've seen but it's pretty good and especially poignant given the current state of the nation's affairs.

and

I won the NC Lottery! I stopped at a gas station after leaving the golf course to get some pain killers for my elbow and decided to try out the new NC Lottery for the first time. I bought $5 worth of tickets, 1 $1 ticket and two $2 tickets. I won $5 from one of the $2 tickets and cashed it in and bought the same combination of tickets. I should have stopped when I made my money back because I ended up only winning a free $1 ticket. I guess once I play the free ticket that'll be it for me for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your crepes. When I went to Disney World when I was in 6th grade my family decided to eat at a different country every night we were there in Epcot. The night we ate at France I ordered Crepes(on vacations we get what ever food we want...almost anything with the song of my parents singing 'we're on vacation'). Normally I would have skipped desert. My Dad had to eat my Crepes. I think I was expecting something else. More patry like or something.

Anyway glad you semi enjoyed your dinner.
jacs