Sunday, April 09, 2006

Fore!!!

In today's N&O Business section there is a great article, "Birdies, bogies and building business," discussing the tie between business and golf. At work several of us have been pushing for more golf (well I joined in the chorus) and it looks like it is starting to work. Before our annual conference in June we're going to have an outing with a group of developers that will be attending. Speaking of which I need to get back to practicing.

Now for something completely different. Last night I watched Walk the Line on On Demand and it was pretty good. I thought Reese Witherspoon was the best of the cast, I think she may have won an Oscar but not sure since I really don't pay attention to them. One random thing I thought about as I watched is that the autoharp is a weird instrument. I wonder what the thought process is behind deciding to learn the autoharp. My elementary school music teacher played one in class and I remember thinking it was kind of strange back then too. If there are any autoharp players out there reading this please fill me in.

2 comments:

ben said...

My dad had an autoharp. To me it seemed like a guitar for cheaters if I'm remembering correctly. You just have to follow the chord progressions, but you don't have to learn the fingerings too.

Melissa said...

Yes Reese Witherspoon won the best actress Oscar for Walk the Line, and she also won the British best actress award.